- Most Missouri kids DO NOT drink? In fact, 85.61% of you have not drank in the past 30 days!
- 53.7% of you would definitely not drink alcohol if one of your best friends offered it.
- 68.2% think it is wrong or very wrong to drink alcohol.
- The average age that a person first tries alcohol in Missouri is 13.43 or 7th grade.
- Of the youth that reported drinking in the past 30 days, 22.8% of them reported at least one episode of binge drinking.
Look at how much has changed since the first annual Speak Hard (2004) and now!
|Average age of first drink:||12.17||13.43|
|Had a drink in the past 30 days:||30%||14.3%|
|Ridden in a car with someone who had been drinking:||23.4||14.4|
|Drove a car while drinking:||6%||4.4%|
Source: 2004 and 2016 Missouri Student Survey