ACT Missouri’s Art Contest is Underway
Calling all young Missouri artists! Use your creative talent to help keep your peers substance-free!
This year’s theme is “I Am the Power of Prevention”. Empowering youth to make healthy choices about alcohol and drugs is the goal of all prevention efforts. This theme will help youth see that it is up to them to be substance free.
Tips for successful entries:
- Incorporate the theme into the artwork
- Use bold colors, paints or markers that will show-up well when printed
- Entries must be “landscape” orientation
- Scan and submit the original artwork as opposed to taking a picture of it
- Do not use trademarked images such as Disney characters or brands
We accept entries from individuals, schools, youth clubs, treatment centers, and church groups from youth in grades 1-12. One winner from each grade will be featured in the 2019 Year of Prevention Calendar. If you are entering as a school, please only enter one submission per grade.
The contest is open from August 13-September 21. Winners will be notified via email on or before September 29th.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a tablet valued at $100.00, and the artwork will appear on the cover of the calendar. One Finalist per grade will receive a $50.00 gift card.
We are looking forward to seeing Missouri’s young artistic talents!