- November 16, 2018
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Youth Mental Health First Aid is a one-day training that teaches participants how to provide initial help to young people experiencing mental health problems such as depression, anxiety disorders, psychosis and substance use disorders. This program is designed for adults who interact with youth ages 12-18. The information presented will help you:
- Be aware of some basic signs and symptoms of the most common mental health disorders among youth
- Recognize potential warning signs exhibited by youth with mental health issues
- Be prepared to react appropriately when a young person is experiencing a mental health crisis
- Understand how to connect youth to the help they need in our community
- Reduce the level of stigma often associated with mental health disorders
This FREE training includes materials, snacks, lunch, and 8 contact hours. Meets requirements for mental health training. Contact Jeanne Cordingley, 314-962-3456, with questions.
3998 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
St Peters, MO 63376