- April 20, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Kathryn Brewer, PhD, LPC, LCPC, CCTP
Addiction and trauma are closely linked and intertwined. Both women and men who seek treatment for addiction may have a history of trauma or could experience trauma as a result of their addiction.
The attendees will leave the training with awareness in the following, as they relate to treatment and recovery in trauma and addiction:
1. Define trauma and addiction
2. Understand the relationship between trauma and addiction
3. Recognize signs and symptoms of trauma and addiction
4. Learn how to treat trauma if there is underlying addiction
5. Learn how to treat addiction if there is underlying trauma
6. Identify considerations for recovery and relapse prevention
April 20, 2018
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Kansas City, MO 64114