- August 15, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Take advantage of this free professional development opportunity. This full-day institute is designed for professionals working across a variety of youth-serving settings and will help participants:
- Explore research behind social-emotional learning (SEL) and why it is a meaningful and important focus for empowering teens to realize success in learning, work and life.
- Discover how we, as adults, can equip ourselves to help teens close the opportunity gap by delivering SEL best practices, thereby strengthening our communities.
- Understand the framework, developed by the Susan Crown Exchange, as a means of introducing or strengthening effective SEL work.
- Implement self-assessment strategies for measure programs against SEL standards.
- Create a plan to more deeply incorporate SEL into programming, utilizing the SEL Field Guide and other online resources and tools.
Registration is free but limited to 100 participants. Please register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TSLP7ZH.