- September 14, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Jim LeCluyse, LCSW, LSCSW, LCAC, CCTP
This training is designed to help people who suffer chronic, relapsing depression (Major Depressive Disorder). MBCT combines concepts of cognitive-behavioral therapy with the meditative practice of Mindfulness. Class will provide you with an overview of the MBCT concepts, whether you are looking to enhance your clinical or personal life, or both.
The substance abuse counselor will be able to
1. Pay attention and attend to the present moment, without judging or evaluating
2. Develop a different relationship to sadness, pain and discomfort
3. Recognize rumination and avoidance as cardinal components of the downward spiral of depression
4. “Re-inhabit” the body and see it as your ally and barometer
5. Cultivate acceptance, curiosity and willingness
6. “De-center” from your thoughts, looking at them rather than viewing life from them
September 14, 2018
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Kansas City, MO 64114